(Harbin, Heilongjiang Province—September 09, 2021) At 8:30 am on September 4, more than 30 Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials, including SWAT officers, police officers, religious affairs bureau officials, and local school district administrators, raided Maizi Christian Music High School, and arrested all staff members and students present. Earlier at approximately 7:00 am, police officers stopped Principal Xu on the way to take his child to school. Officers transported Principal Xu to their police station and drove his child home to his mother.
During their raid of the music school, CCP authorities confiscated numerous school possessions, including pianos, computers, and documents. Police released all the students after detaining them for 24 hours. Officers have planned to interrogate staff one by one in the following days.
During the morning of September 6, Maizi Christian Music High School staff published a letter with the following six prayer requests:
1. Pray for Principal Xu’s and his family’s safety. It’s been more than 60 hours, but there’s still no news about him.
2. Pray for the safety of all the teachers.
3. Pray the school retains a good lawyer.
4. Pray CCP authorities will return the school’s possessions.
5. Pray the Holy Spirit comforts, strengthens, and helps the students be strong and courageous; that He helps them live for God.
6. Pray that Maizi Christian Music High School can reopen at a proper location in the near future.
~ Yu Bing, ChinaAid Special Reporter