God's Double Agent
God's Double Agent
Tens of millions of Christians live in China today, leading double lives to hide from a government that relentlessly persecutes them.
By day, Bob Fu was a teacher in a communist school; by night, he was a preacher in an underground house church network. This edge-of-your-seat book tells the true story of Fu’s conversion to Christianity, his arrest and imprisonment for starting an illegal house church, his harrowing escape, and his subsequent rise to prominence in the United States as an advocate for his oppressed brethren.
God’s Double Agent will inspire you to boldly proclaim and live out your faith in a world that is at times indifferent, and at other times murderously hostile, to those who spread the gospel.
- “Bob Fu has dedicated his life to bringing freedom of religion to the Chinese people. His story is a testimony to the power of faith and an inspiration to people struggling to break free from oppression.”
–Mrs. Laura Bush
- “The riveting account of a student leader of the Tiananmen Square protests who becomes a literal prisoner for Christ and then escapes to the West. Impossible to put down.”
–Eric Metaxas, New York Times bestselling author of “Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy” and “Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery”
- “Like John the Baptist, Bob Fu has influenced people from all walks of life, across the nation of China and beyond, and led many to repent and believe in Jesus. Anyone who cares about the persecution of God’s household in China and in the Middle East should read this book.”
–Brother Yun, Chinese house church leader and author of “The Heavenly Man”
- “This compelling and deeply moving account of Bob Fu’s escape from China and his heroic work on behalf of other human rights workers there is likely to become a classic. From the very first page, you are hooked. There are few more convincing narratives of Christian courage under persecution and suffering.”
–David Aikman, former senior correspondent for Time magazine; author of “One Nation Without God?”
- “Courageous, tireless, well-informed, and effective. Bob Fu and ChinaAid are harbingers of the more just and open China that we pray is coming.”
–Dr. Os Guinness, author of “The Global Public Square”
- “For understanding the dramatic and courageous role of underground Christian movements in China, this is a must-read.”
Fu’s autobiography God’s Double Agent details his conversion to Christianity, his arrest and imprisonment for starting an illegal house church, his harrowing escape, and his subsequent rise to prominence in the United States as an advocate for his oppressed brethren.